oral presentation guidelines
ALL SPEAKERS ARE REQUESTED TO INCLUDE A SLIDE DISCLOSING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AT THE BEGINNING OF THEIR PRESENTATION
If using a PowerPoint presentation software, please be advised that you will need to bring your presentation file on a CD, a DVD or on a “disk on key” Memory stick (using the USB port in the computer) and load it on one of the Symposium computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room, at least 1 hour before the start of your session.
Please note that the Symposium computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2013 software.
If combining video files with your PowerPoint presentation, please make sure to include them all within the presentation folder/file brought with you to be uploaded in the Speaker’s Ready Room, and thereafter to also verify that its functioning properly in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Alternatively you may also choose to use your own laptop computer. In such a case, please verify that it has a VGA (video out) socket. You will still be required to upload a copy of your presentation at the Speaker’s Ready Room prior to your presentation time. Furthermore, please make sure to test the video out signal of your computer laptop in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC ).
3. Use a common movie format, such as AVI and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Alternatively you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a VGA adaptor for external video signal. You will still be required to upload a copy of your presentation at the Speaker’s Ready Room prior to your presentation time. Furthermore, please make sure to test the video out signal of your MacBook in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please note that VHS Video projection, 35 mm’ slide projection and Overhead projection (projection of transparencies) will not be available.
poster presentation guidelines
Please note the following information regarding your presentation:
Posters will be presented in two shifts: Thursday, April 30th
and Friday, May 1st.
Posters should be set up from 08:00 on the day of presentation and removed at
the end of the presentation day.
Poster presenters are requested to stand next to their poster during coffee
breaks and lunch breaks as indicated in the program for informal discussions/questions regarding their work.
Please check the Final Program received upon registration to the Symposium
for the poster board number allocated to you. Please use the board with
the same number.
Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several smaller sheets.
- Poster boards are LANDSCAPE style. Maximum poster dimensions: 180cm width x 90cm height (6' x 3').
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Double sided tape, tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters. Staff will also be in the poster area to assist you.